South Florida Vanpool Program
What is Vanpooling?
A vanpool is made up of five to fifteen people who commute together in a passenger van. One or more members of the group volunteers to drive with each rider sharing the cost of operating the van.
How Do You Save?
Think of all the benefits:
- $400 Subsidy per vanpool provided by the Miami-Dade Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) and supported by the MPO's in Broward and Palm Beach Counties.
- Much lower commute costs (to figure out how much you're currently spending on your commute, go to the cost calculator.)
- FREE enrollment in the Emergency Ride Home Program.
- Vanpools can use the 95 Express Lanes in Miami-Dade County or the HOV lane (where applicable), which means your commute time is greatly reduced.
- A vanpool takes an average of 5-14 vehicles off the road, significantly reducing pollution and congestion.
- Drivers typically can use the van for personal travel on nights and weekends.
- All the members of a vanpool may be eligible to receive Commuter Tax Benefits of up to $230 per month per employee.
Contact the South Florida Vanpool program to find out about vanpools in your area or to start a vanpool. Visit www.southfloridavanpool.com or call 1-800-826-7433.