New financial subsidies offered by the Palm Beach Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) have lowered the cost up to $200 more each month.The South Florida Vanpool Program is a joint effort between the Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade Metropolitan Planning Organizations and the Florida Department of Transportation.The South Florida Vanpool Program provides well-maintained quality vehicles to groups of commuters traveling to the same employer or in the same general direction.
What is a South Florida Vanpool?
- A group of 6 to 15 people who voluntarily participate in a rideshare agreement
- A member or members of the group volunteer to drive the van
- Members determine the pick-up and drop-off locations, the schedule, and the route
- Members share the monthly cost of operating the vanpool
Who is a Good Vanpool Candidate?
- Commuters who travel 15+ miles to get to work
- Generally work regular hours or can adjust their work schedules
- Live or work in Palm Beach, Broward, or Miami-Dade County
What is the Cost?
The monthly cost is determined by the size of the van selected, monthly miles traveled, and any other expenses, such
as fuel, tolls, etc. A $400 subsidy is provided toward the operating cost for each vanpool.
- $400 Monthly
- # of Riders
in the Group
What is Included?
- 6, 9, 15 Passenger Van
- Month-to-Month Vanpool Agreement
- Bumper-to-Bumper Maintenance
- Comprehensive Insurance Package
- 24-Hour Roadside Assistance
- Back-up Vans
- Administration and Customer Support
- SFCS’ Emergency Ride Home
- Save money on your commute.
- Reduce wear and tear on your
- Receive personal auto insurance benefits.
- Arrive to work less stressed.
- Avoid fighting traffic congestion.
- Safely talk, text and email all you want.
- Reduce your impact on the environment.
- Sleep better because of your choice in joining
the Vanpool Nation!